How we can help you plan for distance delivery
Most instructors find that distance education requires more ‘front-end’ preparation and learner support than is required for face-to-face teaching. To support Continuing Studies instructors as they develop their courses for online distance learning, the Division of Continuing Studies provides them with a small team of professional staff with expertise in distance education course design and delivery. If you have been asked to plan an online distance course, the course team will help you:
- plan the course using ‘best practice’ guidelines to support your distance learners
- design assignments and interactive activities that will keep your students engaged
- prepare instructional materials using formats proven to work effectively in a distance learning environment
- link to academic and technical support systems for your distance learners
- get advice on administrative support you or your students may need
The resources we’ve included on these pages can help you get started and we hope you’ll find them useful. Please let us know of other resources you can recommend.