Test your browser for using Elluminate
- Cookies are small bits of information that are saved to your computer; Elluminate requires cookies for authentication purposes only. To test to see if cookies are enabled in your browser, click Cookie Test and read through the next section.
Results of your cookie test
- If a pop-up message appears when you click on the link above, your browser is configured to accept cookies.
- If you do not see a pop-up message, this means that your browser is not configured to accept cookies. To fix this, use the directions provided on our Enable Cookies page.
Pop-up blocker test
- Pop-up windows are new windows which sometimes open in your screen when you browse to certain websites. They are usually used for advertising.
- Because pop-ups are not only annoying, but potentially dangerous to your computer, some browsers and computer security programs have “pop-up blockers” enabled. However, some functions in Elluminate display content in a pop-up window on your computer screen and if you have a "pop-up blocker" installed and enabled on your computer, these windows will not open.
- To check to see if your computer or browser has an active "pop-up blocker" enabled, click Pop-up Blocker Test and follow the instructions in the Results window.
- Java is a programming language that is used to create special programs that can be run in web pages. Java needs to be enabled (turned on) in your Internet browser in order for Elluminate to work properly.
- To check to see if your computer has Java installed on it, go to the Java homepage and follow the instructions to download and install Java if you need to. Remember, Elluminate will not run without Java!