"Cookie" is just a term for data that a web server places/stores on your computer. A cookie provides a means for a website to keep track of things like user preferences, patterns, or profile.
Are cookies currently enabled on your computer? Check here to find out: Cookie Test
If a pop-up message appears, your browser is configured to accept cookies. If you do not see a pop-up message, your browser is not configured to accept cookies and you should proceed to the instructions provided below.
- Open your Internet Explorer browser.
- In the top toolbar, select the Gear icon and then Internet Options.
- Under the Privacy tab, set the slider to MEDIUM or MEDIUM HIGH. (See image below.)
- When you are finished, click OK and then OK again.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click the Firefox menu () and then Options.
- Under the Privacy icon, from the Firefox will: drop-down menu, select "Use custom settings for history". (See image below.)
- Select the "Accept cookies from site" checkbox.
- In the Keep until: drop-down menu, select "I close Firefox".
- When you are finished, click OK.
- Open your Safari browser.
- Click on Safari in your toolbar and select "Preferences".
- In the Block cookies: section under the Privacy icon, select the "From third parties and advertisers" option.