Installing Windows Media Player
Before you download and install this software, locate your course from the Course Login page to confirm that your course requires this software.
Windows Media Player
Do you already have Windows Media Player installed on your machine? There is a small Windows Media Player movie embedded on this page, immediately below this paragraph. If you can see this movie, you already have Windows Media Player installed.» «
If you were not able to view the movie, you need to install Windows Media Player:
- 1. Go to the Downloads sections of the Microsoft site and look for Windows Media Player 9 or 10, or use this direct Windows Media Player 9 link.
- 2. You will be required to validate your version Windows to ensure it is not a pirated copy of the software. (You must validate your version of Windows before you can proceed to download and install the Windows Media Player software.)
Depending on your existing system, you may also be required to allow the Microsoft site to install an ActiveX validation component on your machine; if you do not allow the site to do this, you will not be able to proceed with the validation process or the Windows Media Player download.
- 3. Once your Windows system has been validated as "Genuine Windows", you will be returned to the download page. Before clicking the Download button, use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate Internet speed for your connection (Dial-up, DSL/Cable, T1).
- 4. You can choose to either install the program immediately (by clicking Open or Run...), or you can download the program to your computer for installation at a later time (by clicking Save).
- 5. Once you have completed the download and installation, return to this page to test whether or not you can now see the sample movie.